Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 PM

Speedglass and more

Just slinging you guys a heads up.
Im currently working with Percy's performance for producing a full set of Speedglass aka Lexan for the side glass and rear glass for our cars. They are currently creating a new shop just for speedglass fabrication and seem to be quite willing to produce a limited run for me. These will be molded from SVX glass that I will be sending in, and will have the proper curvature to be a direct replacement. You will be able to order in two different thicknesses depending on your needs. This will shed a great deal of weight from our cars. Price I was told would be about $800 for a full set of 9 pieces, or you can pick and choose what you need for less cash.
The shop will be up and running in July and I can get exact prices and a timeline for production shortly there after.

In other news, I will be making a mold of an SVX dash to create a fiberglass replacement. If the final product ends up as good as I hope, Ill will be offering these up for sale.

There's more! As soon as I can track down a passenger side front control arm thats not bent to hell: Ill will be fabricating tubular front control arms with pillowball links in place of the factory bushings. I can fabricate these as needed with provisions for either bushings or pillowball's. Also with single or double shear tabs for swaybar mounts. Stronger than factory arms and lighter! Pricing as soon as I make a jig and get a set on the track for a proper beating for durability.

Lastly, I went down and had a few words with the machine shop thats working on the STI front knuckle conversion parts for me, they will FINALLY have a price and production time for me by Monday. Cripes. CRAZY amounts of foot dragging there. Understandable. Huge orders take priority over my little order.. But still *grumble grumble*
As of now, the run is for 5 sets of conversion kits. More will be produced if the interest is high enough.
As soon as I get the price, ill post them up.

Thats all for now
Cheers!
SMC