View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Two questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Can't help much with the belt question, but I have changed my struts. The rear suspension in the SVX isn't difficult to change, just very tedious. In order to access the top mounts you need to remove the shelf behind the rear seats (Where the speaker grilles are. Whatever that area is called.). Getting that off is a bit of a puzzle. As I recall it means removing the rear seat back and cushion, the interior side panels, and then the shelf. You'll see two foam blocks, under which are the 3 bolts that hold each strut in place.
All reasons that anything involving the interior of the car I keep far away from the hands of regular mechanics. What I'd do if you have to have the struts done at a shop is take apart the interior yourself, so they don't have to and therefore don't have the opportunity to ruin anything on the inside of the car (breaking clips, etc.) Then take the car to the shop, ready to go, and once you get it home, put the interior back together yourself. Best compromise.

As to the question about the belts, just buy a correct belt.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album