Thread: Two questions
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: Two questions

Can't help much with the belt question, but I have changed my struts. The rear suspension in the SVX isn't difficult to change, just very tedious. In order to access the top mounts you need to remove the shelf behind the rear seats (Where the speaker grilles are. Whatever that area is called.). Getting that off is a bit of a puzzle. As I recall it means removing the rear seat back and cushion, the interior side panels, and then the shelf. You'll see two foam blocks, under which are the 3 bolts that hold each strut in place.

The lower mounts are almost a joke by comparison in terms of time. Jack up car, remove wheels, detach brake line bracket, remove the two large mount bolts and voila, you're done.

Usually you want to undo the lower ones first and have a helper outside the car to catch the strut as you undo the top ones.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl