View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

Re: STi brakes, the brute force way!

BTW: I'm going to have a bunch of decent condition stock parts to unload.

The brakes that came off the car are only about 10,000 miles old. I replaced the calipers w/ reman'd ones because I thought my issue was due to frozen sliders... turns out the noise I was hearing was from shot wheel bearings. So the old brakes are in great shape.

I've also got the stock spindles/hub and axles. The spindles of course will need bearings, but they're in otherwise decent shape. The axles are new since I did my 4.44 tranny swap, which was like 2 years ago(?).

I'm also thinking about trying the WRX 2-pot rear swap outlined here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50861 That way my SVX will use the same exact pads front and rear as my WRX. I'd really like to try to do a similar hub swap, but then I'm going to need an R180 rear-end, or hybrid axles, or some sort of conversion ring to allow the OEM SVX hub to fit in the larger STi bearings.

Hrm... actually, that might be possible! My bank account is trembling.