View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: STI Suspension Swap Project

Installation complete!!!!

Decided to change it up a bit and modify the camber plate instead of the car, since only one hole had to be moved. Press out stud, drill 5/16" hole, press in stud, done.

Took the rear knuckles off, ground them down, bolted everything together aaaannnnd:

When the car is in the air and the wheels are already at stock ride height you know you're in for something interesting.

On the ground:

This thing is LOW. The picture doesn't really convey just how close to the ground it sits. I can't get my baby finger between the front tire and the fender. It feels very strange walking up to the car now, and even weirder when the hood's open. I'm very accustomed to having the engine at a certain height, and now that it's 2-3" below that... Weird. I also tagged my exhaust on a small speed bump on the way home. The insanity begins!!!

The trunk is still full of tools and parts, so I haven't been able to give it a good drive to figure the handling out yet. Tomorrow!

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl