View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Narrow down all these opinions for me...

^ Yea, the above pic is from the passenger side. Here's one from the other side. The IACV line is the big vac line with the zip tie on it in this pic (yours shouldn't have a zip tie ). The car [i]will[/] die if you unhook this line from the intake while it's idling. I think it would be best to undo the line while the car's off, then pour a bit of seafoam in the line, start it up, wait for what you put in the line to clear, then repeat until it seems like enough. Undo the line where it's shown connecting to the intake in 92svx's pic.

Here's a pic of the vac line that goes to the EGR solenoid from the other side. (Although the car is a 94, the engine is a 92, so it should be exactly the same.) It is the topmost line of several that are kind of stacked right here. I don't think you can get the other end of this hose off very easily, but you should be able to get this end off, and the put a spare line on the hard line instead. Hopefully it has some vacuum, if not when cold, then perhaps when hot. Otherwise we can try tricking the solenoid into opening if you want.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg egr sol line.jpg (102.8 KB, 810 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0365.jpg (62.8 KB, 710 views)
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album