View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Narrow down all these opinions for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Maybe I have this wrong, but you are trying to fix a code 34. This is due to the passage from the EGR to the inlet manifold being blocked with carbon. Running Seafoam through the EGR vacuum lines won't do it, it won't get to this passage.
You need to clean the gas passage that runs from the EGR, through the manifold. If you can feed the Seafoam into the passage where the temp sensor is, there maybe enough vacuum to pull it through to the inlet.
The code 34 I think is just for the solenoid function, and would not be due to the intake manifold line being blocked. (Not 100% sure, I must confess). It's a 92, which lacks a temp sensor at the intake manifold's EGR port, so I don't think that the code would be due to that. Code 56 in the later cars I think would be due to that.

Although that passage probably is clogged, we're not too worried about the EGR actually working, only getting rid of the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 4 You View Post
So Icing, are you saying to feed the seafoam into the orange arrow nipple and let that suck it in? I did about half a shot (0.7oz) into that nipple, and it sucked it in, but I didn't know if I should keep going or not. I still have most of the seafoam left. I'll try it there if that's what you're saying. That passenger side line definitely goes through the EGR valve and it looks like it would then pass through the EGR solenoid too. Are you saying it might not reach the solenoid?
No, I'm suggesting to feed the seafoam through the line that goes from # 11 to #13 in the diagram I posted, if you can actually get to it in the car. The orange arrow I'm not altogether sure what that would hit, the route is a bit more complicated.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album