View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Oh Microsoft, how you dissapoint.

So my XBox 360 decided to give me the Red Ring of Death yesterday.

I wouldn't care so much, as I bought a 2 year service plan from Best Buy that covers everything except gravity and floods (intentional damage), but when I tried to exchange it today I was told that since I bought it less than a year ago Microsoft is who I have to deal with. They will most likely need me to ship them the 360, so they can take it apart. Supposedly they will send me a new one and reimburse my shipping charge.

What I'm wondering now is, what about the hard drive? All my stored game files? And what about Live, which I just connected? Is that dependant on the individual XBox, or my e-mail account? Can I use that subscription with the new machine? Will I re-imbursed for the time on Live that I can't use because the machine is fried? The time I paid for and should have?

I'll be calling them tomorrow to see what needs to be done, but overall I'm dissapointed in this whole ordeal. And in Best Buy. I bought the service plan because I was told THEY would take over MS's warranty and cover everything, no hassels, for two years.

I not happy.

And I JUST found Forza 2 again. One of my brothers had put it in an old XBox game case. Sheesh.

Anyone have experience with this process?

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl