View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: AUX input + CD player delete + pocket

I really like the stock head unit. None of the new style of head units look right in the car. They don't have that 90s look. That green glow that matches the other lights in the car. But it needs an AUX input of some kind to be updated. All any head unit does anymore anyway, cheapest or most expensive is take audio from a phone or ipod and hand it to the speakers anyway. May as well look like it belongs.

The rest of the system is the polk/momo speakers that came with the white SVX I bought years ago. They're still great. Plus an 8-inch polk sub + amp. When I got the 97, only the door speakers worked, and they were so crappy. It has 11 speakers now total: 2 tweeters in the dash, 2 door speakers, 2 3-way 6x9s in the deck, and the sub. I could not be happier with how it looks/sounds. It was a good weekend.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album