View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
AUX input + CD player delete + pocket

Ok, so this weekend I replaced the audio stuff in my 97. I kept the stock head unit though and made an AUX cord out of the plug that plugs the stock CD player into the head unit, and put in a pocket. After thinking for a while where to put the button that switches the AUX input, I figured I'd just epoxy it to the top right corner of the pocket, and I like how it turned out. The AUX cord I just let come out behind the glove box. Here's a pic:

I'll be doing a group buy for kits for these here. They'll be $35 for one with the AUX jack + button + pocket, or $50 for one with the dual USB charger too + $5 shipping.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album