View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: The time has come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26 View Post
I never thought it would - but the cliche "never say never" would apply here too. I will soon be putting my SVX on the market, as soon as I can take some current photos...although truthfully any picture I have taken of the car in the last 13 years would still show what it looks like today.
Someone recently dug up an ancient thread, asking "where have all the old-timers gone?". I answered something to the effect that "People sell their cars, or they keep them but suddenly life has newer, more interesting things to occupy them...."
So...I coincidentily find that I am in that place now. No more info on the car now, since this is not the appropriate place for it, but those of you you that know the car and have an interest or know of someone who might - feel free to email. I would love to keep it in the Network, would like to see it in the hands of someone who would give it a good home.
More later...and I also have a bunch of JDM goodies as well that will be available....
Say it isn't so.
A couple of years ago Jerry had a problem with his beautiful Green SVX.
It hesitated to engage when shifting from forward to reverse, or from
reverse to forward.
I drove his VERY close to perfect SVX back the six hours or so to my shop.
It ran and drove like a new SVX and I should know.
I sold them when they were new.
I hesitated to begin the agreed to 4.44 swap and drove the car locally for about three days before I experienced what Jerry had felt.
I love the 4.44 swap and how it transforms the car, but Jerry's was so close to new I actually "wanted Her to stay a Virgin".

This coming from a guy who does not think swapping an engine or transmission in an SVX is a big repair!

If Jerry's SVX is anything like it was about three years ago, then His is a FINE example, and ANYONE should/Would be proud to own Her.
Tom Krynock
aka svxfiles
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link