View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:32 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: The beginnings of a Megasquirt how-to guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZCory View Post
In a few weeks here I'm picking up BackwoodsBob's old EG33 and a few of his other unfinished projects, so we'll see what comes of that.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure that's what he would have wanted.

I wouldn't use those coils, if you're going to deviate from stock, I'd go with something beefier, like the LS coils. I forget, what were you going to do for an igniter? The LS coils are "smart coils", so you won't need a separate ignitor. But, really there are a lot of choices.

After the semester's over, I'll find my way back to this. Did you see the new tunerstudio release candidate features? Some pretty nifty stuff, though I'm not sure what all of them actually mean. WUE autotune, though, will be hugely helpful.

Warmup Auto Tune - WUE Analyze Live!
GPS Support
HP & Torque Gauges
Distance & Economy Gauge
Search for settings - I hope this is what I imagine it is - search for settings used by others with the same configuration.
Context Help
Table Smoothing
Table X & Y Re-Bin
Dashboard Enhancement
Project Archiving
Display of Calibration selection
Data Log Profiles
High Speed Logging
Automatic Logging
FTDI D2XX USB Support
WiFi TCP/IP Connectivity
VE Analyze Improvements
Auto Update improvements
String fields
Much More
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album