View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Ice's fully-baked turbo build

Overdue for some pics:

These two oil galley plugs (below) are the same thread as the adapter for the the stock oil pressure sensor. You could grab an extra one of those from another engine, or one of these to add a sensor or two under the intake manifold, if you have enough room. I have the outlaw engineering phenolic spacers, which are 1/4" each, so my intake manifold is 1/2" higher than stock, so I should have plenty room. The prosport pressure sensor is still almost too tall to fit under the IRIS diaphragm, but I think it will just barely clear it. The temp sensor is tiny, any will do fine. The better thing to do might be to put the prosport pressure sensor where the stock one is, and move the shorter stock one to one of the galley plugs. Currently I have the sensors for my gauges in an oil filter sandwich adapter. My plan when I swap in the new engine, is to move those to the galley plugs, and put in an oil cooler, either using a sandwich adapter and an air cooler, or a OEM WRX oil/water cooler style one, and put in another return line to the water pump for it.

'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Last edited by icingdeath88; 11-25-2012 at 11:12 AM.