View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 10:51 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: problems, the svx is killing me..

It's a blast when it's working right. It's pretty quick, just not faster than cars that are actually fast. My old '06 Sentra SE-R was almost as fast, just because of how light it was. It felt about as sturdy as a mailbox though, and it didn't handle anywhere near as well. Even without doing any suspension work, yet, the SVX handles way better. More importantly (and having crashed one of each to prove it ) the SVX is a much safer car, even if it is a lot older.

Problem now is mine is going to need an engine rebuilt and swapped in, the rings are letting oil past and it's burning oil and blowing smoke out of the exhaust. I'm going to rebuild an extra engine for some real power (probably turbo). No small endeavor, and will require quite a bit of custom work.

The 6-speed makes it a much more fun car to drive, even if it's not actually that much faster. Just an absolute delight.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album