View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: PP6 (perfectpower6) on our cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
There's nothing like a true standalone to get everything set correctly. I'm really liking the Hydra, but I have to learn to tune better so I can get all the fueling setup correctly and it running good. Everything is dependent on the fuel, AFR, and timing tables and when the motor is as custom as mine, there is nothing to go off of as a base.
Yea, the cool thing about the MS tunerstudio software is that the paid version now has an autotune feature. You tell it a target AFR and it uses the wideband to tune the VE table to get there. I am actually using the stock timing and target AFR maps pulled from the stock ECU as a base for mine, since the motor is close to stock. (The stock ECU doesn't use VE maps in it's calculations).

I wouldn't mind having a look at the maps that you have as well. You have sicksubie's s/c motor, right?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album