Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: will these struts work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
ok, now that we have established the struts will not work, is there any parts that would be usuable on the svx? maybe rims/tires, cv shafts, sensors, etc?
Do you mean from a Forester? Not a whole lot will just drop in, most of the parts will require other things to be changed with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyau View Post
from what i understand 05 onwards sti struts are similar but still have different sway bar mounts I am still to physically compare them, has anyone done this ?
I've compared them. All other Subaru struts don't have swaybar endlink brackets on the struts like the SVX. The upper mount has different hole pattern and the raised section is larger on the Impreza struts. The knuckle for the Impreza is also thinner. It can be made to work, but is in no way a bolt-on swap.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl