View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Subaru sells a gasket/seal kit which includes every gasket and seal for the engine. It runs $240.83 at Subaruparts.com.

As for the mechanical, these engines are pretty solid. Sticky lifters are common (tapping noise), but it's rare for an EG33 to blow up (When run at less than 12 pounds of boost!) IF it's maintained. There are folks here with well over 200K on the engines without having to rebuild them.

I'm doing a full re-seal in mine in the nest couple months (at 112K miles). Pull the engine, all the seals, head gaskets...I may have the heads machined to make sure they're flat and true...Machining cost would depend on where you go and who you know there. I don't plan on re-building the bottom end (rings, crank bearings, etc) until 175-200K miles. Unless I decide to tear this engine apart and build it up for added fun factor

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl