View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: series of problems ending w/locked transmision in park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvan View Post
Driving and the anti lock light comes on and I can feel a difference in (the brake) pedal pressure.
If the ABS light came on then either there is a problem with your braking system, or
you have been spinning your wheels in the snow/sand/ice/whatever.

Then the heater fan starts cycling on and off.
Didn't notice any real change in driving except the break pedal pressure.
Is the temperature gauge showing a higher than normal temperature?
When you say heater fan, do you mean the blower fan inside the car, or the cooling fans under the hood, at the radiator?

Parked the car and had lunch, car started right up but fan didn't work and anti-lock light still on.
If the ABS light comes on when you start your SVX, before you drive it, that sounds like a hard/real problem.

Tried to move shifter into gear and the button wouldn't depress and shifter wouldn't move. Let it run a few more minutes while I thought about the situation and then the heater fan kicked on and the shifter button could be depressed and moved. Drove home and parked for awhile. Started right up and shifted out of park. Drove to a friend and parked on a hill and by habit shifted into park. Came out 15 minutes later and again locked in Park. Tried for an hour, anti-lock brake light still on, heater fan refuses to turn on and gear shift still locked. Checked the fuses and didn't see any blown fuses. Any suggestions. Left the car to watch the games but need to resolve since this is my daily driver. Want to avoid a tow to the daeler if possible. Help!!!
Please answer these questions, so that we can get a better idea of what is going on.
Tom
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link