Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: New 1997 SVX Owner from up North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mike View Post
Well so far, here are my findings:

-The SVX sits low. I knew this going in, but compared to my WRX I can't believe how low the car is. I love the the 1990's low/wide stance
-Power is obviously less then the WRX since the car is much heavier and less powerful. However, being a N/A 6 the delivery is much smoother. It feels like easing on the thrust in the SVX compared to the exploding rocket of the WRX. The RX-8 was slower than both.
-With the 205/55R16 winters on the car right now handling is not great. The steering is heavy and linear which I love, but the car plows into the corners. I had a thick rear-sway bar on the WRX to help neutralize the handling (more like the RX-8) and that helped greatly. Is there a rear sway bar mod for the SVX? I haven' searched yet. Having said that, the SVX is a 20 year old design and not many cars handled back then the way cars do now thanks in part to improvements in tire technology. When I get summer tires in the spring I plan to go to 225 width on either 17's or 18's. That might help.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58746

That is the one mod that we do have

Very nice car. Looks vaguely familiar...
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album