View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Ice's fully-baked turbo build

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
The signal from the sensors should be fine, they out-put a voltage that is common with most devices.
Yes, but I have seen a lot of posts on the MS forums of people with EJ22/25s using the 6/7 crank wheel, they need resistors to function properly, and one or two posts from people with EG33s, that also used resistors, and one or two EG33 posts, that do not mention using any resistors. The guy who wired up Matt's I actually found a post of his that said that they had some problems which were resolved by adding a resistor. Matt's got a MS2, not an MS3. The MS3 I think has more refined VR conditioning components, so it may very well not need anything. No way to know without trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
I would think that the switched out-puts are probably programable. Can be made to hold up to voltage or pulled to ground, or Tristate. It can pull it to ground, regardless if 12V or 5V, there is not a lot of current.
Oh, I'm certain it will be able to do it, just not sure how to set it up yet. Need to research it, and which output wire is the appropriate one to use for it. Also I need to get more familiar with the software, and some of the electrical terminology, so I know a bit better what I'm doing.

I did notice there are several PWM outputs, that are programmable to a duty cycle of 0-100%, under basically whatever conditions you want. Some are only ground switching, but some (IACV for one) are +12 or ground switching depending on what you set a jumper to. Would a duty cycle of 100% mean just held to ground the entire time? Because, if so, then that will work fine for what I want to do. Probably have to use the VVT pin on the MS, since I'll of course have no use for it. And that is one of the pins that can handle a decent amount of current if needed.

Thanks for the input, Harvey.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album