View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
ToMyx Intake Vs Sti Panel Filter Dyno

Place: Verocious Motorsports
Car: 1996 SVX AWD
Dyno: Dynojet
Test: Intakes

Dyno tested the ToMyx intake vs an STi Panel filter/cut Resonator on stock intake. I apologize for not getting it to be fully stock but I thought I had one in a box that had another SVX intake (Not the resonator).

I won't run my mouth too much. Wanted to get six runs in with 1st to top of 3rd. Was only able to get one run with the ToMyx intake and one with the stock setup all the way up through 3rd gear. No biggie! Got to shop from work with the ToMyx intake on. Tested it 3X and changed it on the dyno. Tested the stock intake 2X. Only two full runs all the way up through 3rd gear though. I will display those two runs since this is what I typically do so you can see what is going on all the way through the runs.

Below: Full run of both intakes from 1st to 3rd gear. Sorry for the huge images.

Since Chike and other folks focused on 2nd gear with dyno pulls, below is the torque and horsepower plots of both dyno pulls.

Here's the torque:

STi Panel Filter: 138.44ft-lbs @ 6000rpm
ToMyx Intake: 155.18ft-lbs @ 6000rpm
+16.74 ft-lbs

Here's the horsepower:

STi Panel Filter: 158.17whp @ 6000rpm
ToMyx Intake: 177.31whp @ 6000rpm
+19.14whp

You may not believe me. That's ok. Call Verocious Motorsports and talk to the General manager Andy there. He was the one driving. I only changed it on the dyno.
For reference, Here's a link to a recently done dyno run that I got a paper copy on (with 19" rims) and Sti Panel filter. http://subaruxt.com/forum/files/19inch_svx.jpg 165whp. Also, here's a link to the thread I posted dyno runs right after I purchased the car from Chike over a year ago. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31143 Comcast server currently down but when it comes back up, you'll see whp around 165whp or so. That's just to verify consistency with this dyno.

I am happy is an understatement. The ToMyx can see some improvement inside by smoothing some of the dead spot where it goes from one tube to two. TomsSVX would know what I'm talking about. Probably good for another 2-4whp. Air/fuel ratio all over the place. Never saw this and didn't noticed until I got home since the horsepower was all I could focus on.

Oh yeah...it is making power where I said I was hoping it would. Right where the stock one dropped off. I also was hoping it made over +10whp from the poll I took. I persued this intake setup for almost two years since the 'Intake Idea' thread. It paid off! I'm ecstatic!
So....comments!?!
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-17-2007 at 09:17 PM.