View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:55 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: No click, no crank, no start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsvx View Post
It is very confusing as there are a number of solutions out there, for what could be a number of different problems. In my case the car would always start with the remote starter, however would intermently start with the key. I found that the ignition switch at the back of the ignition cylinder was loose. This switch is held inplace with 3 indents. I tighten these up by using a punch. This solved my no start problems.
In my case I removed the cylinder from the car to do this. The security bolts holding it in place were very loose so it did not take too long to remove them. I replace these with allen head bolts (needed to file the heads down a little to fit).

Starts everytime now instead of 1 or 2 times in 10.

Link to the tread that helped me (2nd post), too bad pictures are no longer there.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...915#post323915
What kind of remote starter? I have a spare steering column somewhere, maybe I can replace those pictures if you think it's important. Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it will help future people figure this kind of stuff out. Was the ignition cylinder itself loose?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album