View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: some bummer news from Subaruparts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia176 View Post
Yeah, thanks for doing that and I'm sure they will interchange.
As far as I can tell without taking them off, they are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia176 View Post
I should've been more specific and perhaps the use of "cracked" is misleading. You know where the nipples are (for PCV, etc) near the bottom of the "box"? Well, in my case, everywhere the nipples are located, the box has split. As a result, some unmetered air is going into the intake. Engine runs fine but probably not optimally. I can open up the crack by moving the nipples around (that sounds a little strange ).
My 94 had some cracks like that that were fixed with RTV when I got it. Must be a somewhat common problem.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album