View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Too much timing belt travel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 View Post
Well I have taken everyone's advice into consideration and double checked everything this the third/fourth time around.

The passenger side cam sprocket was slightly rubbing against the back cover so I manuevered the back cover just enough to clear the cam sprocket. No longer an issue.

Made sure the cam sprockets were each aligned and secured correctly.

I believe my problem is/was me not tightening the top idler (closest to the driver's side cam sprocket). The noise heard in the video is considerably less noticable.
I did notice some slack in the idler tensioner, no matter how tight I made the bolt I could always wiggle the tensioner back and forth a small bit. This combined with the other idler may have together created my problem.

Even though the rubbing noise is considerably less noticable the timing belt still travels back and forth.

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and advice it is greatly appreciated and certainly helped with solving this issue. I'll be sure to post a video tomorrow.
Thanks again.
When you say "tensioner", do you mean the cast steel tubular device bolted into place with two 12mm head bolts?
Or do you mean the pulley that the tubular device pushes upon?
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link