View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 2 questions...Struts and door locks

When I got my blue car I had a similar rattle coming from the front. We have a 2-piece sway bar in the front and on the driver's side there's an arm that attaches to a long piece that goes to the other side. The joint where this arm attaches was loose. I tightened it up and it's been fine ever since.

It could also be that the upper strut mount is getting worn out and making a rattling sound. I'm not sure if the struts themselves will make a rattling sound, but if they're worn out you will feel the car bounce when you go over bumps instead of just going up and coming back down to rest. It shouldn't rebound much at all.

As for the door locks, they're probably seized from lack of use. Spray some WD-40 in there and wiggle the key in and out and work it in there. It might free it up. If not you can move on to some more aggressive stuff. What have you been using to lock the car?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album