View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:57 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Some Advice please

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuritsa View Post
Hi all,
I haven't posted for a couple of years, although I do monitor frequently. Any problems I have had have been very minor and easly fixed with a search of this excellent forum and had 4 good years of trouble free svxing. However, recently I purchased my second SVX and needed to replace the bottom hose and change the oil. On this car there is a plastic cover under the engine and transmission which to be honest was a pain in the rear to get away with rusted up bolts breaking. This wasn't on my previous machine. Is it necessary to put this back on? also the heat shielding on one of the exhaust manifolds has corroded away and was banging about so I have removed it. Will this cause problems? I know these engines run quite warm so I would think leaving this cover off will let the engine breathe a bit. Any comments/advice would be very welcome and apologies if I should have posted in the technical forum but I thought some local knowledge would be more appropriate.
So, you've removed the bunny shield.
That shield is the only thing protecting our friends the bunnys, squirrels, chipmunks from being sucked up into our 1500°f engine compartments!
As you wisk down the road IN AN AUTOMOBILE
instead of just walking,
your 3580# bunny killer is using up all of those poor dinosaurs sacret bodies, after having peacefully fermented all of these years.
I guess you are just in too much of a hurry..

Have you no shame or compassion?

My friend,
life is short.

I think that i will go out and hug a bear today.

No really it will be fine!

Too much black tar heroine for breakfast.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link