Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Speedglass and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Just slinging you guys a heads up.
Im currently working with Percy's performance for producing a full set of Speedglass aka Lexan for the side glass and rear glass for our cars. They are currently creating a new shop just for speedglass fabrication and seem to be quite willing to produce a limited run for me. These will be molded from SVX glass that I will be sending in, and will have the proper curvature to be a direct replacement. You will be able to order in two different thicknesses depending on your needs. This will shed a great deal of weight from our cars. Price I was told would be about $800 for a full set of 9 pieces, or you can pick and choose what you need for less cash.
The shop will be up and running in July and I can get exact prices and a timeline for production shortly there after.

In other news, I will be making a mold of an SVX dash to create a fiberglass replacement. If the final product ends up as good as I hope, Ill will be offering these up for sale.

There's more! As soon as I can track down a passenger side front control arm thats not bent to hell: Ill will be fabricating tubular front control arms with pillowball links in place of the factory bushings. I can fabricate these as needed with provisions for either bushings or pillowball's. Also with single or double shear tabs for swaybar mounts. Stronger than factory arms and lighter! Pricing as soon as I make a jig and get a set on the track for a proper beating for durability.

Lastly, I went down and had a few words with the machine shop thats working on the STI front knuckle conversion parts for me, they will FINALLY have a price and production time for me by Monday. Cripes. CRAZY amounts of foot dragging there. Understandable. Huge orders take priority over my little order.. But still *grumble grumble*
As of now, the run is for 5 sets of conversion kits. More will be produced if the interest is high enough.
As soon as I get the price, ill post them up.

Thats all for now
Cheers!
SMC
Some questions.

The lexan will be a group-buy type of thing or they will make some sets and then stock them until they run out or what?

I can let you borrow a good control arm. Would you need a pair or just one?
Also! bonus points if you can make one that uses a ball joint from another vehicle. New SVX ball joints are getting scarce it seems. Will you make them from aluminum or steel or what?

What does the STi knuckle conversion parts entail exactly?

Any progress on the front sway bar thing?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album