View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: The beginnings of a Megasquirt how-to guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoodsBob View Post
Good info, really gotta sit down and re-read it all!

The DIY PNP kits seem like the best bang per buck as far as standalone control goes, I mean, as long as you don't mind taking your time you save 800$+.
Yea, those are a lot cheaper, but those use the MS2/Extra boards. You would have to go wasted-spark, and batch-fire with the injectors, unless you add another module for sequential injection. And a few other things aren't available as they are on the MS3/X, but not any that seem essential. Gotta make sure it can drive a 3-wire PWM IACV.

There will probably be some differences in wiring compared to mine, and some things will need to be figured out from scratch, as they are different from the MS3/X - knock control, etc. But it should work, and they are even cheaper. But you have to be able to build it.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album