View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 PM

Registered SVX
trans repair shop

Looking for a recommendation or some experiances with shops in the Tacoma area preferably.
Basically my high clutch has gone out and im weighing options. 4.44 swap or similar. Rebuild/fix clutch and weither or not its something im going to be able to do or if im taking it to a shop.
September of 2012 i replaced the internal filter and refilled (old fluid wasnt burnt or real dark but had alot of metal in it). Slipping started out of the blue two weeks ago. A few days after fixing the squeeling ps pump. I noticed it while driving slow (25mph) so I was able to drop it down to second. First and second work great. Driving I5 in 2nd just isn't a good long term plan. Very minimal driving while the trans slipped. Mostly just to get a better feeling of what was happening with it so I could try to diagnose.
I would like to just tear her open and fix the clutch but I haven't been able to locate any kind of guide on the matter. Just don't have the money to throw it in a shop and say fix it.
If anyone has a shop in the area that has done similar work for a good price or any input at all I would appriciate it.
92 LSL Pearl 205k+ mi. 4.44 Trans (no 1st or reverse) | VR3 deck, Shark class-D amp, 6.5" bass tube, JVC front, Lanzar rear | SPD trunk struts. Gotta get ones for hood, the random auto store ones don't cut it. Vice grips work tho | DDM HID's 55W shining nice and white.