Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: FYA: Craigslist Hijinx

I sent him this: (I was being lenient)

Quote:
Hello sir,

A friend suggested that I look at your advertisement. Upon viewing it I saw that there were a few minor grammatical errors which could lead to confusion on the part of potential buyers. Understandably these were not intentional, I can appreciate that you must be under a certain amount of stress with your impending move to Texas. Nevertheless I feel the need to point out these minor errors. I hope this will help you to correct these tiny mistakes and perhaps assist you selling the car. Below is a copy of your add in which I have highlighted your mistakes in yellow. I have also included my own comments (in red) describing what the error was. Below that I have re-written your ad in a more logical way. Perhaps you can use this to assist you in the future.

Sincerely,

Chris

I'm selling my 94 honda civic wit a 97ls motor wit 89,000 miles on it n a b18 transmission (B18 is an engine, not a transmission)...body has 150,000 (Miles? Feet? Friends?) das nothing ,motor wha counts, (comma splice) car has a lot of control,it has da bar on da motor (I assume you mean the front strut bar)...strut bar inside of da (I don't know what you mean here. Is there a harness bar behind the front seats?) car...a bar in da trunk (rear strut bar?) nd lower control arm, (comma splice) it (has?) power windows,powerlocks,alarm system,sony radio n speakers,ls web rims,skunk2 tight suspension (Please specify what kind of suspension exactly. Coilovers? Drop springs? Adjustable dampers?) ,ACT stage 1 clutch,magna flow muffler,da motor looks super clean jus like everything in (Under?) da hood,tinted out all around.jdm front lip, body is gud, inside is mint,nd dis car has a lot a lot of power nd I guarantee u dis car won't give u NO problems, (What you have written here is a double negative, and means that you guarantee that the car WILL GIVE people problems.) nd da reason I'm selling it (is?) cuz I'm moving to texas in a month n a half so I need da money, if ur gona come asking for best offer don't even waste my f time, 2500 $ flat no more or less ...my number is 973 653 4041 (manny) thank you.

Hello,

For sale is my 1994 Honda Civic. This car has a replacement motor from a 1997 Civic-LS and has 89,000 miles on it. The transmisson is from a B18 engine. The odometer shows 150,000 miles, which isn't important as the engine has much lower mileage.

This car has numerous handling modifications giving it great control. These include front and rear strut bars, aftermarket lower control arms, and Skunk2 suspension. Factory options include power windows and power locks. There is an alarm system installed in the car. The audio system has been upgraded with a Sony deck and speakers. Other modifications include an ACT Stage 1 clutch, Magnaflow muffler, JDM front lip, and window tint. The car is very clean, inside and out. The engine and rest of the engine bay are spotless and the body is solid. The engine is very strong and I guarantee this car will give you no problems.

I'm selling the car only because I'm moving to Texas in a month and a half and need some money. Low ball offers and tire kickers need not apply, my sale price is $2500 firm.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl