View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Registered SVX
vacuum leak somewhere ??

ive worked out the squealing noise i posted about a few weeks ago is its a vacuum leak from somewhere under the intake and throttle body on really cold mornings its quite loud and once it warms up it stops until i touch the throttle and under any amount of throttle i can hear it in between the block and the intake but while the car is not moving it doesn't squeal just sounds like air escaping or getting sucked in my dad and i tried to pull the intake off the top of the block to find it but couldn't get it completely off and failed to find the leaking hose .it doesnt affect the idle or while its driving just makes a really weird sound sorta like a constantly winding turbo and as i come to a stop i can hear it slow down and stop as the engine goes back to idle it sounds similar to a loose squealing belt but its not
any ideas what its coming from ?
im going to buy new vacumm hoses soon and replace them all as they are all hard n stiff should i buy new molded breather hoses or just use normal hose and cable tie it in place