Thread: fried ecu?!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:06 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: fried ecu?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_12121 View Post
actually it could only last 'til the next time you start it up but that's not the point...I was looking for the exact part, from another store because subaru dealership is closed on sundays and I'm going to need the car tomorrow
why do you guys have to tie everything with money and destroyed or burnt cars?!

I have watched IN HORROR as a Pearlie driven by "an adult" swerved wildly back and forth on route 68 driven by an SVX owner who KNOWINGLY drove it to my place from Frederick Maryland with a totally blown out right rear wheel bearing!
The SVX was driven into my driveway on fire.
It took at least twenty minutes of garden hose work to keep the rest of the car from burning to the ground.
All of this to save the price of a tow.
So rather than the price of a tow, add up a wheel bearing, a rear hub, rear brakes, rear rotor, and if I remember corectly a wheel and tire.
Thankfully the Pearlie is now owned by a respected member of the forum and She gets all of the mantainance that She deserves!
There was a local SVX owner who was REALLY proud of his , Toyota Corolla radiator at about 2/3rds the size of a real SVX radiator.
I understand that people are on a budget, everyone is.

And hey, if it were Armageddon and I HAD to get my SVX running to get away from the zombies, then I would take the chance.
But they are not here,
yet!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Last edited by svxfiles; 02-12-2012 at 07:11 PM.