View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:23 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Noise Under Load and Vibration From Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm66 View Post
I have a 92 5spd car. Recently replaced the clutch and replaced exhaust so its much quiter now so noises are more evident. I had a 4 finger racing style clutch which was rediculous to drive so replaced it with an ACT street clutch and Pressure plate.

Issue One:
Car vibrates excessivley at about 1500 RPM and again at 5500 RPM. Feels like it is engine related. Does it reving the engine with clutch engaged so must be engine related not driveline.
Do you mean that when you rev the engine while not in gear it vibrates?

Recently had power steering belt squeeling so I tightened it very tight and it still squeels a small amount when I first start the car.

My thoughts are Engine misfire or Crankshaft pulley issue (might have been the squeeling).

Issue Two:
Roaring whining noise in the driveline when I put the car under a load. It may be coming from the rear left. Only occurs when accelerating hard.

My thought is possible axle going bad. Any way to tell for sure which one it could be?
If an axle is bad, it either vibrates, shakes, or is broken and no power is transfered, but to my knowlege does not roar...
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Last edited by svxfiles; 01-07-2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Misspelled mean.