View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 06:16 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Newest Pearlie Stuff, 2017;
Finally got to do some maintenance to my newest
Pearlie, that used to be mine before Brett and then Todd owned it.
Green Eyed Lady and I are going to swap cars so that I can do some work on her Forrester.
Today, fresh front Akebono pads, a re-welded stock SVX exhaust system to replace the true dual exhaust (with six resonators ant both front pre-cats, still in good shape) that was just too loud for me. Yesterday fresh rear pads, over the last week, finally wind shield squirters finally installed in the Class Glass hood, new battery, new battery hold down, replaced the cracked leather front seats with some perforated non-power SVX ones. Replaced the rear seat with a fresher one, added the suede and vinyl rear headrest to bring the front (cloth) and rear (leather) seats together astethetically. New rad cap, new rad drain gasket, fixed the AC!
Painted all three wiper arms, vacuumed the carpets, installed SVX carpeted mats, replaced a bad HID ballast, installed easy to read tire valve warning caps replaced the rear hard brake lines!!!!! Finally found the leak.
Buffed the roof and trunk lid, installed a perfect spoiler...
She looks good!
Probably did more stuff than what is listed.
Now for a road test...

The road test was great! Its now wisper quiet and the stock exhaust on an SVX with a stock transmission and virtually no engine mods runs better at low RPMs and midrange. If the 3.3 has been modified, cams, turbo, blower, whatever and runs over 3000 rpm, then a less restrictive exhaust can be a benifit.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Last edited by svxfiles; 07-29-2017 at 07:49 PM.