View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: I had an accident;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Unfortunately, I already had ordered the parts. I was thinking about the tools to do the extraction and pressing. The other problem for me is time. It is basketball season and my younger son made varsity so I won't want to miss out on that. Still, I really want to get these brakes and bearing done. If you were closer it would be a no brainer. Too much to do and too little time to do it in. I still need to get the dent fixed from the asshole that hit it while it was PARKED last month. I say asshole because it didn't even leave a note. Then I need to get the Krown rustproofing sprayed on to keep it rust free for now. On top of all that, work has been busier than it has been for 14 years. I will think about this and try to come up with a plan. BTW, is a bearing and hub replacement something like a noob like me should be doing even if under your guidance?
With a lift, a hub tamer, a good compressor, air tools, a parts washer, a blow gun the correct grease, lots and lots of spray brake cleaner, new axle nuts,
hammer, chisle, drift pin, yes it is possible.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link