View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 10:33 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: AUX input + CD player delete + pocket + optional USB charge ports kits group buy

Ok so I finished a mockup of the kit to show where I'm at now. I actually found more info on the CD player's wiring, so I believe I should be able to make it totally plug-and play, including the USB part, just need to test it out in my car to be 100% sure. If someone at Reading could show it off to some of the people there who still have their stock radios, I would be really super appreciative.

On the left (upside down if it were mounted on the right side) is an example of the switch + aux jack only, and on the right is an example of the switch + usb charger + jack. There are actually a lot of options to choose here, they can be mounted in the left or right side of the pocket, and the switch, jack, and charger can be moved around in the panel wherever pretty much. I'm going to try to find some small black rocker switches like the one on the left that will fit with the USB charger better, I think they look better. Also going to use pockets that are more square inside instead of round, these are tough to get the edges just right.

The final versions will have another panel alongside the front panel that goes to the back of the pocket to keep stuff out from behind it. Final version will also be a bit more polished (I promise), and I can line the bottom and sides of the pocket with felt if people like, I plan to do that with the one I put in my car to keep the phone from getting scratched whenever dust and stuff gets into the pocket.

Always very open to suggestions if anyone has any input. I actually have another idea of my own that I'll be working on and share later.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140427_12_20_57_Pro 1.jpg (215.7 KB, 1294 views)
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Last edited by icingdeath88; 04-27-2014 at 10:42 AM.