View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinz View Post
Got it back on the road. Had a cam sensor take a **** when I was out playing in the snow a little over a week ago. Ordered a sensor for a 99 Legacy/Impreza/Outback. Looked just like the early 90's model ones and was cheaper, but it is not plug and play. overall it is larger then svx one. According to my research the 95ish Impreza sensor works. That was my bad for going cheap and overlooking some details.
I made it work however. There was a metal sleeve over the sensor that can be removed so I did that so it would fit in the svx. Also the mounting hole doesn't line up, so I had to drill that some to make it work. Also shave off some plastic to get the mounting hole to line up. Was a success in the end. Worth it to not buy a new svx one.
Was the sensor black or brown?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album