Old 10-19-2012, 05:07 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Parts again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY View Post
Hey Joel!

What I mean is I think the differential bushing is worn, so, from a stand still, when I accelerate the diff hits on the heat shield around it. That is a high torque situations. When the transmission guy had it up on the hoist, he showed me. So, I am not exactly sure what I need. Yes, your awesome parts cars may help!

Hey, while I'm here - I really should get a new A/C receiver drier. Is the 92 Liberty one interchangeable?
I have a (technically band-aid) solution that I'm going to strongly recommend here: http://www.svxworldforums.com/view_topic.php?id=1965

Essentially, order KTD-903 Whiteline bushings (readily available from Ebay) and cut off the excess to fit into your worn rear diff bushings. Depending on how much or how little rubber is left in the original bushing, you can cut less or more of the excess off. Grease it up, slide it in, and no more thumping when you put it into gear.

Works well and is far easier to accomplish than actually pressing the stock bushing out and a new OEM bushing in. I have not attempted to change the actual bushings, but I have it on good authority that it's a serious PITA.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album