View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Monday, on the way home, the rubber clutch line suddenly started leaking. Like, pedal really soft and if you hold it in too long, pressure is lost and you have to let it out and push it back in. Drove 10 miles, almost without using the clutch at all. 6-speed didn't enjoy it (only ground a wee bit), but I made it home. Helped that there was no traffic because it was at like 2 AM. Checked the line out when I got home; I think it's the one that was originally with the 6-speed, which is an 02 JDM one. So, 10 years, sounds like time for the line to die. Ordered a stainless WRX line on ebay, got here yesterday, replaced it last night, bled the clutch, good to go.

The stainless line feels a lot better than the rubber one. Much more control over the clutch now, and takes less pedal movement to get the same amount of clutch release. I was a wee bit nervous about the proximity to the + line on the starter, and it being conductive now instead of rubber, so I bent the metal line a bit to get it a bit farther away. Works great, but it makes an ugly mess of line in there now. Next time the car's all taken apart, I'll see if I can have a nicer looking full stainless steel line made instead.

Now I'm waiting for the next thing to go wrong...
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album