View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:19 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Another wiring question.

I used the "manual" button on the shifter when I did it in my black '97. I added a DPST switch that switches it back to do the manual mode thing. (Although there is a loose wire somewhere so the manual mode doesn't actually work, but I don't care, manual mode is useless.) You must keep the manual button able to work somehow in case you need to check codes, since the procedure to check tranny codes requires pressing the manual button. The OBD2 cars don't need this however, since you can also just check trans codes through the code reader.

I really like the manual button on the shifter for power mode, I use it very regularly when I'm using my black SVX (I switch DDs every month or so).
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album