View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Lug pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
Hunting for wheels as I'm on small stuff now (7x16, 42mm running 205/55). I planned to go 7.5x17, 55 (or close) 225/45.

I've found some sets that are reasonably close but what's up with the lug nut dimensions? Exactly what measure are they? The thickness? The lenght? The spacing between the nuts?
You mean the dimensions of the lug nut pattern? The 5x114.3 refers to the diameter of the bolt circle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_sizing#Bolt_circle

(It says the common measurement for Subaru is 5X100, but the SVX, Tribeca, and STi are among the exceptions and are 5x114.3.)

Something that does rarely come up is the actual size of the nuts themselves. Some rims have designs that limit the space around each actual lug nut, so very big lug nuts (or the wheel lock key) won't work. The stock SVX lug nuts tend not to work with aftermarket rims anyway, though, so just make sure that whatever rims you get you also get lug nuts that will work.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Last edited by icingdeath88; 04-18-2012 at 06:45 PM.