View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: Ever wonder what some 18x9.5 +38 wheels look like on an SVX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
I just saw your comment on the General Exclaims...

Wholeheartedly agree. After 2 sets, the second set under begrudging acceptance due to the price, and being able to use two of the first set as ready spares... no more.

ContiExtreme DWS on the SVX and Legacy now, so far much, much better, and they would have to try very hard to wear as badly as the Exclaims wore down. Bad uneven wear, and LOTS of road noise.
Actually the wear is the one good point for my Generals. With 4 years and 25 or 30,000 km on them they've still got plenty of tread left. What I hate about them is the mediocre grip and especially the flimsy sidewalls. It was acceptible on stock suspension, but with the coilovers transferring so much more energy to the tires they just can't keep up. I've been running them at 40 PSI front and 35 rear in an attempt to get more responsiveness, but it's just not happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
No, it was only Chuckls, that was stretched.

Harvey.
*shrug* To each their own. It's not my thing, but I'm not going to attack someone else for running the setup they chose. I agree with Chuckls though, lets not get into that arguement here. All it serves is to inflame tempers.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl