View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Apkarians custom LED taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
Them mod covers ALL the lights on the back side, including the top center bar on the "lip" ?

Did anyone by chance have his mail?

How complicated and time consuming was the installation?
The upper, center brake light that's not part of the tail bar is not part of this. That one is already LED, just not quite as bright. Not worth messing with, IMO.

Click the link in my sig and send him a PM, if that doesn't work then I can look through my email for his email address. But try a PM first.

They were not very time consuming, but you have to run a wire from the trunklid tail bar to the other two lights. Really, you just have to get some wire and be able to connect two wires together. When you open the trunk, on the right side by the hinge there is a bendy rubber tube that has a wire in it for the stock tail lights. I ran my wires through my own tube next to it and zip tied them down out of the way of the hinges so they don't get pinched. Very easy. I had to extend the wire just a tad to hide it how I wanted it.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album