View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Strut Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Yes it would, but I don't know if it has the same lengths as the WRX and SVX one. They were kind of pricey 5 years ago when I put WRX fronts on the rear of the SVX racer. A place like Penske who does lots of one off inserts would also be a good source. You could actually get a real double adjustable strut rather than the basic Koni. Don't get me wrong I liked my Konis on my SVX but I do think Subaru's ignorance when dealing with the crap they called rear struts let to me to realize just how far the Subaru cluster has fallen.
Height I don't think would be much of an issue actually, just because there is a very good variety of adjustable height coilovers that are not that terribly expensive. They don't have to be stock, they just need to be an affordable option for the future.

What do you mean about the rear struts? I'm not understanding you.

Oh, and thanks for the info.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album