View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Waterpump, Timing belt, replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncamitzi View Post
Ok...the good.
After talking to Tom (SVXfiles), GOD IS THAT MAN A WEALTH OF INFORMATION!!!!! and discussing the pros and cons of wedging a breaker bar against the ground and using the starting motor for torque .... and risking #1 broken teeth on the startermotor gear, #2 broken teeth on the torque converter #3 the risk of wrenches.. bars and sockets flying all over the back yard... I went with his method. Using a hardened impact 7/8 inch socket on my breaker bar and wacking the hell out of it with a 4lb mallet ... The pulley nut was loose after about 30 blows...(I HATE having little girlie wrists!) and more than a little frustration

Upon removing the Crank Pulley and the center cover my suspicion of a seized water pump was confirmed.. which is a good thing actually...my imagination had started to run away with itself on possible other reasons for the overheating.. i.e. aliens, bad head gasket, aliens...

As I was attempting to remove the waterpump.. I noticed that the rear timing belt cover sort of covers the removal of the water pump... The only way I can see around breaking it is to remove the Left Side Cam Gear...

Any other solutions out there? a couple of pictures on my Iphone not down loaded yet...
Yes, there is a solution!

You have not taken out ALL SEVEN (7) bolts that hold the water pump to the the engine AND the rear timing belt cover.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link