View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Post engine swap troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
There was a way to induce compressed air into the spark plug hole and that would hold the valves shut so you could remove the valve stem keepers and replace the seals. Very risky I thought
This trick with the rope looked like a way better idea: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/valve_stem/index.html You thread a rope through the spark plug hole with the piston at the bottom, then turn it over to TDC to compress it, so it holds the valves at the top. Still not something I think could be done with an EG33 in the SVX though. Just not enough access from the sides. Still, better than pulling the heads.

The smoke (to me) didn't smell like coolant, it smelled like something burning. Didn't smell like gas. It's light colored, I wouldn't call it white exactly. I'll try and get a video of it later tonight and try the PCV, and AACV and whatever else could allow oil into the intake.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album