The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The official what have you done to your SVX thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56430)

HighwayUFO 01-24-2011 12:03 AM

The official what have you done to your SVX thread

Have this on a few other forums that I frequent, good place to just pile together what we have done to that SVX of ours in the driveway. Maybe with enough popularity, this will be stickied.

To start off.

I blew up something in the trans a few weeks back, and thanks to the lot I bought it from, offering garage services, I tried to take it back numerous times. Couldn't get anyone to take a look at the cause of the trans leak, took off to Nevada for work. KABOOM! Towed it back, and there it sits since the 7th of Jan. Should finally be almost done.....and a free repair is in order thanks to their neglect of the problem I brought to them.

Post up what you did to your SVX today!

Crazy_pilot 01-24-2011 10:43 AM

Re: The official what have you done to your SVX thread

Looked at pictures of it. She's hibernating right now... I miss my car.

STeeL25T 01-24-2011 11:17 AM

Returning my oil pan and all its contents to engine today. If my parts arrive tomorrow, I'll reinstall the intake manifold then.

gbianchi 01-24-2011 11:57 AM

Cleaned resolder maf, replaced both knock sensors, refitted ignition switch, pulled and reinstalled security module, no joy, pulled both interour door panels triing to fix door locks and pass door light, no joy, and just for kicks did a tranny swap and fender repaint on the parts car so that its now a daily driver parts car. Does washing and waxing alot count? OOPS just read the post part that says today, not all this was today, I am somewhat human. Cheers to all..................G

Sean486 01-24-2011 12:39 PM

Replaced alternator, radiator, left front coil, coolant temp sensor, EG Solenoid, RR Wheel Bearing, leather restore on drivers seat and steering wheel, headlight restore, timing belt and idlers, water pump, resonator, valve cover gaskets, front seals, spark plugs, hood and trunk struts, head unit, and hopefully soon, the transmission.

K_Dub 01-24-2011 01:46 PM

Today? I drove it to work 30 miles through stop and go traffic, attempting to keep it revved at all stops, and eyeing the pulloffs waiting for the inevitable stall on the freeway. No problems though, just 30 miles to go tonight driving back home in the dark.

Tomorrow, if she continues to behave, she'll get a much needed wash and wax from the valet at that office.

Oh, I hope I cured the negative battery cable problem for good this time.:rolleyes:

kwren 01-24-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 667564)

Oh, I hope I cured the negative battery cable problem for good this time.:rolleyes:

Keeping fingers crossed:)

Keith:cool:

K_Dub 01-24-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 667566)
Keeping fingers crossed:)

Keith:cool:

Thanks. I think I finally got it sorted out, but then I said that a year and a half ago.

Bonestock 01-24-2011 02:57 PM

I just spent a small fortune on mine... and I washed it today. I went around the car with a paint touch up pen.... damn black cars!!!

SVXyGirl 01-24-2011 04:15 PM

I, like many others here, have done hundreds of things to the SVX(s). To make it easy...today I drove my claret to work. Tom (svxfiles) probably did something to Killer Tomato, not sure what he worked on today.

dcarrb 01-25-2011 05:53 AM

Sunday:

1) Tried to discern the source of an other-worldly, intermittent howling sound coming from the silver. (AC compressor clutch?)

2) Made a list of what both cars need with the goal of prioritizing (and the hope of deciding once and for all whether or not to throw-in the towel).

3) Decision-making numbs my brain, so I just watched some football.

dcb

SVX_MY_BABY 01-25-2011 07:46 AM

Tried to get in to mine. :cool: Rained like hell a couple days ago then temp dropped like a stone. Now it's colder than a witch's t**, -19C overnight. Locks all frozen solid. Even de-icer won't work.:eek:

3.3H6 01-25-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 667624)
Tried to get in to mine. :cool: Rained like hell a couple days ago then temp dropped like a stone. Now it's colder than a witch's t**, -19C overnight. Locks all frozen solid. Even de-icer won't work.:eek:

the trunk is always easiest to get into for some weird reason, at least in my car it is. Although, since the passenger door isn't quite flush with the car, that's also the easiest way in.

dbarnblatt 01-25-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 667564)
Today? I drove it to work 30 miles through stop and go traffic, attempting to keep it revved at all stops, and eyeing the pulloffs waiting for the inevitable stall on the freeway. No problems though, just 30 miles to go tonight driving back home in the dark.

Tomorrow, if she continues to behave, she'll get a much needed wash and wax from the valet at that office.

Ahhh... memories of my 1979 Lancia Coupe. Can't replace that special feeling you have driving through traffic, a perilous fear of stalling... Italian like goodness. It's something special... cherish it, K_Dub... cherish it.

Mr. Pockets 01-27-2011 09:57 AM

I'll bite. Why not. I haven't participated in this site for a long time. :)

I pet mine. That's about as much interaction as I have with it lately. Every time I open the garage, to get a tool or put out the trash, I pet the SVX.

It's sad, really. I've been too busy to drive it or even replace the bad water pump. I'm planning on taking a week off work to fix what ails my SVX (it needs new tires, too) and probably sell it. :( Somebody else should enjoy such a pretty car, instead of it sitting in my garage, covered and lonely.