The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what exactly is... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44750)

kwren 05-12-2008 11:46 PM

what exactly is...

a code 23?

Thanks,
Keith

kwren 05-12-2008 11:48 PM

and................

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 547229)
a code 23?

Thanks,
Keith

how do I clear it if I don't want it anymore?

Thanks again (in advance)
Keith

kwren 05-13-2008 09:49 AM

Does anyone know????

:confused:...................

LetItSnow 05-13-2008 12:10 PM

I don't want to be the "search!" guy, but it is all over the forum. :(

bwb3 05-13-2008 12:43 PM

I just replaced my #28 and the car runs so much better when still cold.:D
Gene

svxcess 05-13-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 547229)
a code 23?

AIR FLOW SENSOR
http://autorepair.about.com/library/...htm?once=true&

Quote:

and how do I clear it if I don't want it anymore? but if you don't fix the problem, it may come back to see you again
Click HERE

If you need photos to guide you, click HERE

write 100 times: "The How-To Documents folder is my friend.": :lol:

kwren 05-13-2008 01:21 PM

Air flow sensor.?

is that the same as the MAF??

I know how to check the codes and get the three words but where and what is it not the maf?

I appreciate all the help. but "letitsnow", please don't waste my time to read your reply telling me that you don't want to help. I am on a critical schedule weith a car rental that I have to return today. Thanks for your kind consideration to at lest tell me that, but it wasn't necessary.

I would love to hear from anyone else!

Take care,
Keith

RSVX 05-13-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 547326)
is that the same as the MAF??

I know how to check the codes and get the three words but where and what is it not the maf?

I appreciate all the help. but "letitsnow", please don't waste my time to read your reply telling me that you don't want to help. I am on a critical schedule weith a car rental that I have to return today. Thanks for your kind consideration to at lest tell me that, but it wasn't necessary.

I would love to hear from anyone else!

Take care,
Keith

MAF = Mass Airflow Sensor.

And about the search stuff... if you were in THAT big of a hurry, a search would have indeed turned up the info faster than you got replies.

kwren 05-13-2008 07:32 PM

Thanks, Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 547331)
MAF = Mass Airflow Sensor.

And about the search stuff...

I needed your post, or someone's to reaffirm that the MAF = air flow sensor. Sounded right but when a code 23 is air flow sensor, or circuit I need to know for sure what I am looking at. Guessing is not my cup of tea. There is no information involving a search on how 2's that will turn up this information. If there was, I would have just found it and went after a solution. These cars have a lot of components, and I for one need to know for sure where I need to go.

"if you were in THAT big of a hurry, a search would have indeed turned up the info faster than you got replies.
I think I would be searching till the "12th of never."

I will put on my list of "Major help type folks'! It was really important to me to know for sure and I appreciate the information.

Thanks again,
Keith

YourConfused 05-13-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 547366)
I needed your post, or someone's to reaffirm that the MAF = air flow sensor. Sounded right but when a code 23 is air flow sensor, or circuit I need to know for sure what I am looking at. Guessing is not my cup of tea. There is no information involving a search on how 2's that will turn up this information. If there was, I would have just found it and went after a solution. These cars have a lot of components, and I for one need to know for sure where I need to go.

"if you were in THAT big of a hurry, a search would have indeed turned up the info faster than you got replies.
I think I would be searching till the "12th of never."

I will put on my list of "Major help type folks'! It was really important to me to know for sure and I appreciate the information.

Thanks again,
Keith

I feel your frustration with the search button as almost every search I need to do results in something like this: "The search term you specified (23) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
"

Verrrrry frustrating.

kwren 05-13-2008 07:54 PM

Where were you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 547375)
I feel your frustration with the search button as almost every search I need to do results in something like this: "The search term you specified (23) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
"

Verrrrry frustrating.

today when I needed you:confused:

:lol:

Take care,
Keith

YourConfused 05-13-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 547376)
today when I needed you:confused:

:lol:

Take care,
Keith

Hahaha I did it on purpose!:D

I puter issues, had to re-install windows and find drivers, still missing 2 hard drives??? ide drivers aren't working, sata and raid cards are(?), but I don't feel like messing with that until this weekend. just happy to be online again.

Nforcer 05-14-2008 10:19 PM

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?How-To|14264

click on: Codes for the SVX

kwren 05-14-2008 11:18 PM

thanks for the Nforce!

:)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>