The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Stock Rear Lateral Links from other Subarus (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61062)

EdWindows 12-09-2012 08:04 PM

Stock Rear Lateral Links from other Subarus

Hey all,
I slid on some snow-covered ice in a turn and hit a curb, which bent my rear lateral link on my driver's side. :(
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37735806/1209121307.jpg

I searched and searched the forums, but came up with null for stock lateral links.

I bought a 92 Legacy one from the pull and pay and put it on, but it's too short so the tire is toed out about 5 degrees and drags.
I have been planning on getting STI adjustables soon, but right now I'm short on money and I need to find a quick fix ASAP as I'm currently borrowing my friend's banged up off-roading Wrangler.
Are there any other Subaru links that are the right length for the SVX?

PS: Preferably from an Outback, Legacy, or Impreza, as my local junkyard has no WRXs/STIs or any subaru newer than 98.

Thanks.

steveherman 12-09-2012 08:46 PM

Re: Stock Rear Lateral Links from other Subarus

I just replaced my rears.
Icingdeath did u throw those old ones away?

svxcess 12-09-2012 08:56 PM

Rear lateral link
20255PA000....Lateral Link Ay R....$95.00

Hocrest 12-09-2012 09:33 PM

If it's going to be very short term. You can use two legacy links, the toe should even out. Your camber will suck, but it should drive better than 5* of toe.

EdWindows 12-09-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 717135)
If it's going to be very short term. You can use two legacy links, the toe should even out. Your camber will suck, but it should drive better than 5* of toe.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. I was just wondering if there was any other link that was longer.

North Ursalia 12-10-2012 07:04 PM

WRX sedan lateral links are longer than those found on older Impreza/Legacy/Forester models (same length as the 2004-2007 STis). Might work. WRX wagon ones are as short as the older Impreza/Legacy/Forester models so skip those.

icingdeath88 12-10-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by North Ursalia (Post 717175)
WRX sedan lateral links are longer than those found on older Impreza/Legacy/Forester models (same length as the 2004-2007 STis). Might work. WRX wagon ones are as short as the older Impreza/Legacy/Forester models so skip those.

I measured the SVX ones once... lemme look and see if I can find it.

edit: The SVX lat links are 16" bolt center to bolt center. The megan adjustable sti ones I've got are about 15-17", and are for a GDF Impreza (05 sti sedan). Professor Google says that the 90s-05 or 06 imprezas are all also 16", so any of those should work.

EdWindows 12-10-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 717176)
I measured the SVX ones once... lemme look and see if I can find it.

edit: The SVX lat links are 16" bolt center to bolt center. The megan adjustable sti ones I've got are about 15-17", and are for a GDF Impreza (05 sti sedan). Professor Google says that the 90s-05 or 06 imprezas are all also 16", so any of those should work.

Awesome, thanks icing!!! :D

I shall go and pull various links at the junkyard and measure them to make sure they will fit.

EdWindows 12-12-2012 11:34 PM

Well I went back to the junkyard and pulled a few lateral links off of various Subarus.
I found that most of them were 15 3/4" from the center of each bolt hole, so I just grabbed the other legacy link and put that one on.
Nicely enough, since all my struts are weak, my car sags enough to where all my wheels have about 1 degree negative camber, so the legacy links only caused about half a degree of positive camber.