The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   IF... just askin' (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64564)

svxcess 04-09-2018 08:47 AM

Re: IF... just askin'

Friday, May 4- Sunday, May 6, 2018 / Morgantown Holiday Inn

SIGNUP LIST

01. SvXit - Olu Davis and guest (Saturday only)
02. Aredubjay - Randy Johnson and Shari
03. Green1995SVX - Mike Davis
04. newsvx- Harry Newman (Saturday only)
05. Ron Mummert (Saturday only)
06. LarryIII - Larry Singer and the "Beautiful Naviguesser" Rosie Singer (Coming for each day and going home)
07. rufus - Mike Wirt
08. Sean486 - Sean Leitz (Saturday only)
09. svxcess - John Hoffman (Saturday only)
10. ddmd - Dennis Destafano (Saturday only)

NOW is the time to make your hotel reservations. You have less than 30 days.
There is no reserved block of rooms. You snooze, you lose.

OR CALL (610) 286-3000 THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS TO GET THE RATE THAT SUITS YOUR NEEDS.

OR BOOK ONLINE

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/rates?qCiMy=42018&qCiD=4&qCoMy=42018&qCoD=6&qAdlt= 1&qChld=0&qRms=1&qRtP=6CBARC&qSlH=MGNPA&qSlRc=TEXN &qAkamaiCC=US&qSrt=sBR&qBrs=ic.ki.ul.in.cp.vn.hi.e x.cv.rs.va.cw.sb.ma&qAAR=6CBARC&qWch=0&qSmP=1

CHECK OVER THE RATES CAREFULLY.

The Advance Purchase rate is cheaper
But the full amount (deposit) is due at time of booking
Non-refundable and non-cancellable without forfeiting the entire deposit.

Best Flexible Rates and Deals.
The standard rate is higher, but no deposit is required
Cancellation up to 6pm the day before.

And once you get your accommodations secured, add your name to the Rooms Booked Thread HERE

svxcess 04-09-2018 11:09 AM

Remembering Readings Past

Just for rememberances and reflections.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...36&postcount=1

Reading 14 had 27
Reading 15 had 22

svxcess 04-09-2018 07:32 PM

Important room rate info

CALL (610) 286-3000 THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS AND GET THE RATE THAT SUITS YOUR NEEDS.

OR BOOK ONLINE:

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/rates?qCiMy=42018&qCiD=4&qCoMy=42018&qCoD=6&qAdlt= 1&qChld=0&qRms=1&qRtP=6CBARC&qSlH=MGNPA&qSlRc=TEXN &qAkamaiCC=US&qSrt=sBR&qBrs=ic.ki.ul.in.cp.vn.hi.e x.cv.rs.va.cw.sb.ma&qAAR=6CBARC&qWch=0&qSmP=1

CHECK OVER THE RATES CAREFULLY.

The Advance Purchase rate is cheaper
But the full amount (deposit) is due at time of booking
Non- refundable and non-cancellable without forfeiting the entire deposit.

Best Flexible Rates and Deals.
The standard rate is higher, but no deposit is required
Cancellation up to 6pm the day before.

svxcess 04-14-2018 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1523757773

svxcess 05-02-2018 07:05 PM

SIGNUP LIST

03. Green1995SVX - Mike Davis
04. newsvx- Harry Newman (Saturday only)
05. Ron Mummert (Saturday only)
06. LarryIII - Larry Singer and the "Beautiful Naviguesser" Rosie Singer (Coming for each day and going home)
07. rufus - Mike Wirt
08. Sean486 - Sean Leitz (Saturday only)
09. svxcess - John Hoffman (Saturday only)
10. ddmd- Dennis Destafano (Saturday only)

Conn SVX 05-03-2018 07:12 AM

Oops forgot about it. Even asked for time off back in Feb and everything. Got wrapped up with other thing and forgot it. Maybe next year. Was looking forward too it. Got other plans for this weekend.

LarryIII 05-06-2018 08:42 AM

I think this years Reading SVX Meet (Reading 18) was great. It's not about the cars. It's always about the friendship of seeing old friends and making new ones. This years meet was small and close knit. We all stayed at the Holiday Inn because of the terrific new attraction next door. I will give a hint ... It's automotive. See you all there next year whether you bring your SVX or not.

ddmd 05-06-2018 11:44 AM

Sorry I missed it also. I thought I had coverage for work lined up and it disappeared Saturday morning. I would have liked to see you guys.
Nice weather, too.

svxcess 05-06-2018 06:23 PM

WHO WAS THERE

03. Green1995SVX - Mike Davis and guest
04. newsvx- Harry Newman
05. Ron Mummert
06. LarryIII - Larry and the "Beautiful Naviguesser" Rosie Singer
07. rufus - Mike Wirt
08. Sean486 - Sean Leitz
09. benebob - Ben Roth
10. Hocrest - Dave Martin

Brad, Bill and June - Friends of Harry Newman

LarryIII 05-06-2018 07:42 PM

John,

What happened to you? We all missed you. Were you attacked by the old Meet Monster or the Message 40 Gremlin? :(

svxcess 05-07-2018 12:31 AM

To everyone who expressed concerns, let me assure you that I am alive and well but thoroughly bummed out (and a bit depressed) and sad that I could not attend. An unexpected family emergency surfaced that required immediate attention. The crisis is past but took its toll.

I was ready to go and all this happened. Car was washed (first time in 2 years) detailed and packed. I did have a frozen rear caliper “meet monster” issue that was rectified only days before.

I am sorry that I disappointed many of you and I was just as disappointed. I promise not to let this happen again and will do my best to keep this traditional Reading meet alive. The people and friends have always been the main attraction .

Never has been about the numbers who attend or expectations. I will talk to each of you privately to explain and apologize.

huck369 05-07-2018 05:14 AM

I hope all is well, John....

wdb 05-07-2018 11:39 AM

Sorry I wasn't able to make it this year. I was elsewhere, doing something else car-related, namely hooning around Appalachia with the Schuh Syndikat. For example:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/NC...!4d-82.7327673

Aredubjay 05-09-2018 11:11 AM

Well, I had written a long post (too long, obviously) on Monday, but, by the time I was finished, I had been logged out and lost it. So, I'll make it shorter and try to condense it.

First of all, words can't really express how great it was to see all of my old friends. It would've been complete if John could've made it, but, I cannot be bitter about his understandable absence.

The highlight, of course, was seeing Larry ay ay ay and the "Beautiful Naviguesser". To have been connected, solely because we own the same silly car... I just can't love this couple any more than I already do. They have blessed me and continue to be a blessing beyond measure.

There were only a few of us, but, I believe those who were actually SUPPOSED to be there, were there.

Great to see Benebob and Hocrest.

Brad, although it's been (many) years, I'm still sorry 'bout the tranny - I swear it was working when it was removed. :) Maybe I'll show you the video sometime of how surprised my son was to receive the PS2. :)

Sean, I don't really know you, but perhaps we'll get to know each other as years progress.

Meeting Harry's friend Bill, and his wife June, was a treasure.

Rufus, it was super to share a few shots of Blanton's with you -- hate that you had to sleep in your truck.

Meeting Chris (aka Jester01 - founder of the Yahoo SVX Club) was an unexpected treat. And there were those with whom I share a special bond -- Harry, Ron, Mike, Olu -- you guys mean the world to me.

So... before I get logged out again, I'll encourage those of you who can to attend next year -- it's the people and the memories that make it special. I just hope my car (and me) are in good enough shape to make it.

Sean486 05-09-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aredubjay (Post 748633)
Sean, I don't really know you, but, perhaps we'll get to know each other as years progress.

Yeah sorry about that, I am a bit quiet an reserved with a touch of social anxiety so it takes me a while to get to know people. (Hopefully it didn't come off as unfriendly.)

The Pace Car looked great by the way. I am liking it more and more each time I see it.